Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our 1st Grader!!!!

There comes a point as a parent when you look at your child and think to yourself, "when did you start growing up so fast, where did the time go??". Well I have been thinking a lot about this for the past couple of days with Bella getting ready to enter the first grade. Plus with me being pregnant I can't help but to think about the day Bella was born (which seems like yesterday)...TEAR!! Now my sweet baby girl is 6 years old (she thinks she's 16) and is now in the first grade...HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???



So being the trooper that my daughter is, she had no fear of entering first grade. As a matter of fact, Bella has been looking forward to starting school and having lunch/recess with the 'big kids' (1st thru 6th grade). Pete and I on the other hand (more me than Pete) have been worried about Bella having any friends at school or will the big kids start picking on her OR will I have to go to her school and beat up a 6th grader for bullying my kid (I'm kidding about beating up a 6th grader....at least I think I'm kidding). Well all of my fears have been thrown out the door because Bella told me "mommy, being a 1st grader rocks and I have friends in the 5th grade!".

So I've learned not only does my child adjust well (even though her mother doesn't), she loves getting older....YIKES!!! Lord help me....


1 comment:

  1. Seriously...where did the time go? I can't get over the fact that Gracie will be 7. I remember laying them next to each other on the bed when they were infants. Sad we missed you at the beach. Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete